With cold weather looming, it’s essential to get your car serviced before freezing temperatures. We often think of dead batteries or ice-filled wiper blades as common winter hazards. But did you know coolant is crucial to keeping your engine warm? At Park City Ford, our trained technicians will inspect your battery, coolant, and tires to ensure a safely operating vehicle this season. Our Connecticut Ford service and OEM Ford parts will keep your vehicle in top condition.
1. Watch tire pressure and replace worn tires. Under- and over-inflated tires can contribute to and cause accidents. Winter tires are best for cold climates as they’re more flexible and contain unique tread patterns, which lead to better traction on icy roads. Our Ford service department also offers new Ford parts and tires for all Ford models.
2. Fill coolant and car fluids, including windshield washer fluid. Fluids keep your car’s elements from freezing and ensures it’s properly running. Our Bridgeport Ford service department accommodates all replenishment needs in an efficient manner.
3. Replace old windshield wipers. If you notice streaking or scratching, it’s time to replace your wipers. Consider heavier-duty windshield wipers too, which are designed to better cater to heavy snow and ice.
4. Check your battery. Let our trained technicians check your battery’s charge and connections. They can recharge your battery or replace it if needed, as well as clean off any corrosion.
5. Keep gas in your car. Keeping your gas tank full is essential in winter months. A low gas tank can freeze and cause your car not to start.
6. Add an emergency kit. For families traveling during cold weather, it’s best to keep a few supplies in the vehicle, like warm mittens and hats, an ice scraper, blankets, flashlights, and a first aid kit.
Don’t be stuck out in the cold this winter. Instead, give Park City Ford a call at 888-798-1913 and ask about the Ford service deals available for the winter months. We’ll get your car scheduled at your convenience!